Are 3 months long or a short period of time? It’s relatively short when filled with a sleep-eat-work routine because the days are the same; nothing makes the difference. However, imagine these 90 days turned into a life-changing transformation period – quite an excellent idea, isn’t it? If your body and mind are craving change, you’re at the right place. We will help you develop a transformation workout plan, setting the beginning of your new life. Don’t count your days – make your days count, challenge yourself; with just 3 month body transformation, you will see how your physical changes grow into higher self-esteem and self-confidence.
3 month muscle transformation isn’t just about your weight; it’s about your mental and physical balance – let us help you on this demanding but motivating way.
Can You Transform Your Body In Three Months?
Is it possible to transform your body having only 3 months? Of course. However, there are many things to consider; don’t just plunge into activities. Once you’ve made up your mind, follow the plan:
1. Check your body mass index (BMI)
A measure that shows the weight limits for your height. The formula is relatively easy:
weight (lb) / [height (in)]2 x 703
The BMI is a tool that helps you understand if you’re underweight, normal weight, overweight, or obese – this is a starting point of your transformation program.
If your index is in the yellow and higher zones, you must be aware of the problems you may experience in the long run – heart disease problems, immune system failures, hypertension, diabetes, etc. . In this case, your 3 month weight loss transformation requires a visit to your doctor and a whole body check-up.
2. Regular exercising with a special set of activities
Body transformation workout involves regular exercising with a special set of activities. In three months, you can build muscle mass, increase your fitness level, lose extra weight and take a growth mindset pace. Making your workout plans, consider that you’re a beginner – don’t rush; take your own rhythm and watch how your muscles work. After your body gets used to a workout routine, the simplicity can gradually change into the complexion.
3. Basal metabolic rate
A 3 month workout plan will not bring a desirable result if you don’t review your daily menu and calorie expenditure. Use the following formula to check your basal metabolic rate – BMR:
Men: 88.362 + (13.397 x weight in kg) + (4.799 x height in cm) – (5.677 x age in years)
Women: 447.593 + (9.247 x weight in kg) + (3.098 x height in cm) – (4.330 x age in years)
Your BMR makes up about 60-70% of the calories we use to maintain the essential functions of your living and breathing body, including beating our heart, cell production, respiration, food processing, etc.
Your BMR is influenced by age, weight, height, gender, environmental temperature, dieting, and exercise habits.
Looking through your menu, ensure you have enough proteins, slow carbs, and fat; exclude fast carbs like sweets, cakes, greasy meals, and midnight “nobody-will-notice” snacks. Avoid emotional snacks; they typically go unnoticed but bring the double or triple portion of extras.
During one week, note down everything you eat and count the calorie consumption – if it’s more than you spend, it’s the first reason for your fat storage. You need to eat just enough to cover your physical needs and move more – by doing so, you’ll create a calorie deficit which will lead to weight loss.
Simple Full Body Workout 3-Month Transformation
A body transformation workout plan relies entirely on your determination and commitment to work. Without a proper mindset, your results are postponed into a far-away future. Your way to transformation consists of small but firm steps. Remember, slow and steady crosses the finishing line.
Phase 1 – getting a lean body
The first period is marked by burning fat with circuits built around high-intensity resistance exercises. It’s not about building your muscles yet; instead, you’ll teach your body to take energy from fat storage. The main focus is on fat loss and getting used to cardio exercises.
You will be interested in the article — Is it possible to burn 2000 calories a day?
You should aim for 3 sessions per week and one or two days for rest between workouts. Each circuit is about 15 minutes. You can only stop when you finish it; meanwhile, no more than 30 seconds break.
After the first circuit, take a 5 min break and repeat. You will have 30 minutes of intensive work to eliminate extra fat by doing so.
Below you can see the types of exercises for the circuits with the description.
- Body weight squats
An essential part of the 3 month transformation program. It strengthens your upper body and tones up large muscle groups.
- Stand with your hands on the back of your head and your feet shoulder-width apart with your feet turned out slightly to open the hip joint.
- Lower your body until your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Pause, then return to the starting position.
Challenge yourself by jumping up explosively from each squat and allowing your feet to lift off the floor.
- Jumping Jacks
A jumping jack, a star jump, and a side-straddle hop is a jumping activity that works your glutes, shoulders, and core. It’s one of the basic exercises for your three month transformation and works on your aerobic health. It helps you lose weight as well as build muscle mass. Being just a beginner, your may start with slow jumping jacks.
- Stand straight with your feet together and your arms at your sides.
- Jump up and spread your legs out to the sides while bringing your arms up overhead.
- Jump back to the starting position and repeat.
- Continue for 30 seconds and have a 30-sec rest. Repeat 3 – 5 times.
After you master slow jumping jacks, you can work out with a faster rhythm.
It’s an excellent anaerobic workout and must be used in every workout because it engages the whole body to train.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Squat down and put your hands on the ground.
- Kick your feet back to assume a push-up position.
- Lower yourself into a push-up until your chest touches the ground.
- Hop your feet toward your hands.
- Stand up and jump up into the air, bringing your arms overhead—or clap them together overhead. Land softly and repeat.
One of the worst and most common mistakes when doing a burpee is allowing your back to sag toward the ground. It puts stress on the spine and can lead to back pain.
Another great exercise to increase shoulder strength and achieve muscle growth. Being part of three months workouts, it will strengthen your arms and shoulders.
- Start in a high plank.
- Slowly lower your chest towards the floor while ensuring your abs are tight and your spine is in a neutral position.
- Slowly push back up to the start position.
- Reverse lunges
Yet another type of great training and cardio workout is beneficial when you want to transform fat into muscle and build a stronger core.
- Stand upright, with your hands at your hips.
- Take a large step backward with your left foot.
- Lower your hips so that your right thigh (front leg) becomes parallel to the floor with your right knee positioned directly over your ankle. Your left knee should be bent at a 90-degree angle and pointing toward the floor with your left heel lifted.
- Return to standing by pressing your right heel into the floor and bringing your left leg forward to complete one rep.
- Alternate legs, and step back with the right leg.
Challenge Yourself: Make it resistance training with your hands over your head.
- Mountain climbers
A full-body exercise that should be in every cardio circuit; it is an irreplaceable part of a three months transformation plan. Besides, weight loss won’t go unnoticed with such workouts.
- Drop into a top press-up position, supporting your weight on your hands and toes, with your arms straight and your legs extended.
- Brace your core muscles; hips and feet must form a straight line.
- Bring one knee towards your chest, then return it to the starting position.
- Repeat the movement with your other leg, then continue alternating legs.
- It feels like a horizontal walk in the mountains.
You can start doing mountain climbers slowly to get used to it and proceed to a faster performance once learned.
- Arm circles
An efficient training to workout your upper chest muscles. It can be made more challenging with the dumbbells after you gain enough strength.
- Stand straight with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Raise and extend your arms to the sides without bending the elbows.
- Slowly rotate your arms forward, making small circles of about 1 foot in diameter.
- Complete a set in one direction and then switch, rotating backward.
- Tricep dips
Practical training that increases your endurance and shoulder arms strength.
- Place your hands shoulder-width apart on a bench or stable chair.
- Slide your butt off the front of the bench with your legs extended out in front of you.
- Straighten your arms, and keep a little bend in your elbows to keep tension on your triceps and off your elbow joints.
- Slowly bend your elbows to lower your body toward the floor until your elbows are at about a 90-degree angle. Keep your back close to the bench.
- Once you reach the bottom of the movement, press down into the bench to straighten your elbows, returning to the starting position. This completes one rep.
- Keep your shoulders down as you lower and raise your body. You can bend your legs to modify this exercise.
If you struggle with saggy leg muscles, this specific exercise is right for you. The results will become more visible after every session and first weeks of training.
- Keep your heel flat on the step; your knee should track slightly outwards.
- Step up, keeping your torso tall and proud.
- Brace your core and straighten your leg to bring yourself to standing on the step.
- Keeping your shoulders back and head up, lower your leg down slowly to the ground.
- Oblique crunches
Crunches work the entire lower abdominal area; it’s an effective and challenging strength training that helps to deal with fat storage day by day.
- Lie on your right side with your legs straight, feet off the floor, and place your left hand behind the head.
- Bend both knees, raise your torso, and, as you squeeze the abs, try touching your left knee with your left elbow.
- Straighten both legs, lower your torso back to the floor, repeat, then switch sides.
- Donkey kicks
Practical training to plan if you want to add strength to your legs, core, and glutes.
- Get on the floor on your hands and knees. Place hands directly under shoulders and knees under hips.
- Tighten your abs, keep your chin slightly tucked, and the back of the neck stays flat.
- Using your glutes (give them a squeeze to activate), lift your right leg up and behind you toward the ceiling, keeping the 90-degree bend in your right leg and flexing the right foot.
- Lift up to the point right before your lower back arches. Your back must be neutral and robust. Avoid rushing; just do a proper technique.
- Lower the right leg to start position and repeat on that same leg.
- Once you’ve completed all repetitions on the right side, switch to the left side. The total number of reps depends on you.
- Bicycle crunches
Cardio workout and strength training, engage the muscles of a lower abdominal area, help you burn fat and gain muscle growth.
- Lie on your back on the floor or on a mat. Press your lower back to the floor and bend your knees while keeping your feet flat on the floor.
- Place hands behind your head; keep elbows wide and gently cradle your head in your hands.
- Bring your knees up, with shins parallel to the floor, as you lift your shoulder blades off the floor. (don’t pull on your neck).
- Straighten your left leg out at about a 45-degree angle, turn your upper body to the right, and bring your left elbow toward your right knee.
- Return to center, with both knees bent and elbows wide.
- Repeat on the other side: Straighten your right leg to a 45-degree angle and turn your upper body to the left, bringing your right elbow toward your left knee.
- Return to the starting position to complete 1 rep.
- Elbow plank
Planks are great for working the abs, and the elbow plank is more rigid on the abs than the traditional plank in a push-up position.
- Start face down on the floor, resting on your forearms and knees.
- Push off the floor, raising up off your knees onto your toes and resting mainly on your elbows.
- Contract your abdominals to keep yourself up and prevent your booty from sticking up.
- Keep your back flat — don’t let it droop, or you’ll be defeating the purpose. Picture your body as a long straight board or plank.
- Hold as long as you can. Aim for 20-30 seconds in the beginning and work your way up to one minute as you get stronger.
- Repeat three times.
- Side plank
It helps to shape your waistline and strengthen your spine muscles.
- Lay on your left side with your forearm flat on the floor, your bottom elbow lined up directly under your shoulder, and both legs extended out in a long line. Feet can either be staggered for more stability.
- Brace your core and lift your hips off the floor, forming a straight line from your head to your feet.
- Hold for 15 to 30 seconds. Your top hand can be on the side of the hip (easier) or reach up to the ceiling (harder).
- High plank
Another bodyweight exercise that engages muscle groups throughout your body which include your core muscles, glutes, quads,
- Start on all fours on the floor with hands stacked directly under shoulders; knees bent and stacked directly under hips.
- Step one leg back at a time to reach a high plank position on palms, squeezing heels and glutes together.
- Standing time depends on your strength.
- Fire hydrants
Another beneficial and effective workout to lose extra body fat and a good exercise for saddlebags thighs.
- Stand on your hands and knees, with your wrists under your shoulders and your knees parallel to your hips.
- It’s essential to tighten your abdominals and flatten your back.
- Lift your left knee off the floor and out to the side so it levels with your level hip.
- Return to the starting position.
Repeat 10-20 times, then switch sides. You may not be able to lift your knee to hip level at the beginning, but it’s okay for beginners. Flexibility requires time and practice.
- Narrow push-up
- Lie on the floor with your body straight, your hands shoulder-length apart.
- Lower your body down until your chest is almost touching the floor.
- Press your body back up to the starting position, squeezing your triceps and chest at the same time
- Wide push-ups
- Lie on the floor with your body straight, your hands wider than shoulder-length apart.
- Lower your body down until your chest is almost touching the floor.
- Press your body back up to the starting position, squeezing your triceps and chest at the same time
- Glute bridge
The bridge is an excellent exercise for toning the hips and buttocks.
- Lie on your back with your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor.
- Tighten your abdominal muscles
- Raise your hips off the floor until they are aligned with your knees and shoulders.
- Hold up for three deep breaths.
- Lower back down and repeat.
- Walking lunges
Walking lunges are among the best fat burning exercises – they strengthen the leg muscles and the core, hips, and glutes and help lose weight. You can also make the lunges more challenging by adding weights or walking with a core twist.
- Stand straight with your feet shoulder-width apart. Your hands can be by the side of your body or on your hips.
- Step forward with your left leg, putting the weight into your heel.
- Bend the left knee, lowering down so that it’s parallel to the floor in a lunge position. Pause for a beat.
- Without moving the left leg, move your right foot forward, repeating the same movement on the right leg. Pause as your right leg is parallel to the floor in a lunge position.
- Repeat this movement, “walking” forward, alternating legs.
- Do 10 to 12 reps on each leg. Perform 2 to 3 sets.
Phase 2 – building muscle mass, focus on strength
The second period targets strength. There are 3 various workouts for better muscle growth; besides, diversity will help to maintain motivation.
At this stage, you will already see the muscle transformation, focusing on a high load volume with a moderate number of sets. Load volume is the key to building great muscle mass and achieving body recomposition.
The workouts must last anywhere between 45 and 60 seconds.
- Dumbbell goblet squat
3 months transformation programs will not be complete without this workout. It works for large muscle groups and helps you build muscle strength.
- Hold the dumbbell vertically, and grip it with both hands. Keep it close to your chest throughout the entire movement.
- Inhale and begin to squat, sitting back in your hips, keeping your core tight and torso upright.
- If your flexibility allows it, track your elbows between your knees, stopping when they touch. Don’t touch your elbows to your knees if it causes you to lose proper form.
- Go through your heels back to the starting position. Keep your feet flat on the floor throughout the movement.
- Start with 2 to 3 sets of 10 to 15 reps, depending on your fitness level and goals.
- Bulgarian split squat
- Stand 2 to 3 feet in front of a knee-high platform. Extend your right leg behind you and rest your toes on the bench. Toes can be flat or tucked, according to personal preference. Square your hips and shoulders.
- Keeping your torso upright, slowly lower your right knee toward the floor. Your front knee will form approximately a 90-degree angle (it may go farther, depending on your mobility.
- Keep evenly distributed weight in your whole foot. Don’t shift forward on the toes or exaggerate pushing through the heel.
- Reverse the move and return to the starting position.
- Overhead press
The overhead press is an upper-body weight training exercise used to develop the anterior deltoid muscles of the shoulder.
- Set a barbell in a rack to level the barbell with your upper chest.
- Stand with your foot underneath the barbell
- Grip the bar with your palms slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
- Unrack the bar.
- Take two steps backward and keep your feet shoulder-width apart; distribute your weight evenly to find balance.
- Pull your shoulder blades back and tuck your chin; engage your core and keep back straight.
- Tilt your head as you press the barbell towards the ceiling.
- Pause at the top of your movement before initiating the downward phase.
- Shoulder press
The shoulder press is one of the best exercises for strengthening your shoulders and upper back.
- Adjust the machine seats so the handles are at shoulder height.
- Select your resistance weight; sit upright in the machine.
- Ensure that your head, neck, back, and hip rest against the seat’s padded support.
- Keep your feet flat on the floor.
- Grab the handles with a pronated grip with your hands slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
- Press the weight upward over your head; pause to allow full muscle contraction.
- Slowly lower the weight by bringing your elbows down and keeping your arms tucked to your sides.
How Much Weight Can You Lose In Three Months?
This is a tricky question; everyone needs total numbers, but it’s merely possible because everything matters: your height, weight, calorie consumption, current activity, fitness level, intensity and speed of exercising, and lifestyle in general.
On average, you can lose up to 4-8 pounds monthly – this is a healthy and sustainable approach. If you’re aiming for more, you’ll reach it, but there’s a high chance of getting all the quickly-lost-pound back in no time. Besides, without being used to such a regimen, your body gets stressed, and you may have health issues.
- Ectomorphs are tall and lean, with little body fat and little muscle. They have a hard time gaining muscle mass and weight. These genetically-blessed people eat basically everything with no impact on weight or muscle mass; fashion models and basketball players fit this category.
- Endomorphs are curvy and more rounded; they have lots of body fat and muscle; they gain weight and muscle mass quickly.
- Mesomorphs are athletic and strong; that’s a golden middle.
You will be interested in the article — Athlete body types.
Several tips can keep you injury-free during this entire routine.
- Medical check-up – a physical therapist can help you determine the best course of action for managing your weight and recommend the intensity of trainings. You need to ensure all muscle groups work correctly and not injure them.
- Proper form during workouts – an essential requirement. Sagging and humping while exercising can cause muscle strain and injury; follow the instructions step by step; that’s not what you are looking for.
- Hydrating – drink plenty of fluids throughout the day; dehydration can be dangerous and lead to dizziness and fatigue.
- Warming Up – is a “must” before any workout; it should be done slowly and with a light weight to get the heart rate up. This will help the body become more flexible and ready for more intense exercises.
- Picking the right pace – as already mentioned, listen to your body and don’t rush. The best motivation for you is your progress, not the photos of models or friends from the gym. Start on the low rhythm and increase it if you feel you are ready. If you use the fitness trackers, check the results; compare your intensity and efforts.
The Bottom Line
Transformation is a new turn in your lifestyle, not an easy one but undoubtedly beneficial. Your 3 month fitness transformation should start with setting the goal and not losing your focus – that’s half the battle. 3 months is 90 days or 2160 hours, which can be used for your good.
When you make the body transformation workout plan, you will see how wide the range of exercises is and feel how they influence all the muscle groups. Every week begins with a different set of activities targeting various muscle groups. The results can’t come quickly; it takes time and patience to see the first changes. If you read some advice about a fast and easy way to weight loss and muscular physique, it is probably an unreliable source of information.
Your transformation plan must also concentrate on your diet; otherwise, your weeks of training will become useless unless you create a calorie deficit and follow a healthy diet.
And an ultimate thought – if you managed to read this long article to the end, it’s clear that you are on the right path towards positive changes. Remember, you have all our support in this challenging process. We are waiting for you to share the results.
Even the most minor steps lead to outstanding achievements.