Your outfit is planned to the tiniest detail, your make-up is perfect, and a new dress is impatiently waiting for its show time. The last look in the mirror and what??? Instead of an ideal picture, your eyes get fixed on a hateful hip extension – saddlebags, a type of fat that can’t be easily hidden. And you’re the one who is quite active and tries to control the amount of sugar in the diet, why is this happening to you? With the saddest thoughts, you google the articles on getting rid of saddlebags, hoping to find something useful, because these handles on your thighs certainly don’t fit your plans. And here we are, with our knowledge and experience, to tell you how to get rid of saddlebags and make your appearance more sporty. Be sure, you’ll have the answers to all your questions regarding this problem.
What Are Saddlebags?
This type of extra fat mainly accumulates around the outer part of the thighs. It’s typical for the female shape because they have a larger pelvis. As long as these fat deposits look like the pockets on a horse saddle, they adopted this name among people.
Recommended reading — V shape buttocks.
What Causes Saddlebags Fat?
Unlike many other types of fat, this one has a bit different nature, not connected with overeating and a sedentary lifestyle.
Puberty is a period of growth. As we have mentioned, women tend to accumulate saddle bags more. When girls turn into women, their body changes: hips, breasts, and thighs get bigger, accumulating more fat.
Quite an apparent reason. High levels of estrogen make storage of fat around the hips. It’s a natural process, and you can’t influence that.
Changing Estrogen Levels
During the lifetime, estrogens’ levels can change due to various reasons. Women get more oversized handles on the hips and lower abdomen when the numbers increase.
Well, that’s obviously not the inheritance you were expecting, but it’s a proven fact – if women in your family have a tendency to gain fat on the hips, you’re in.
Tips & Tricks On How To Lose Saddlebags Fast
How long does it take to get rid of saddlebags? Losing fat fast is barely possible; losing saddlebags in a week or so – is quite unattainable. Don’t be misguided by false claims like “how to get rid of saddlebags on hips in 10 days”. Even if you do the impossible, you will get everything back in the long run. Instead, try to keep the levels of fat under control.
Watch What You Eat
Thinking about the exercises for saddle bags, watch your diet. When you eat more than your body requires, extra calories turn into fat and get stored in different places of your body; typically, these are your hips, belly, arms, and butt. If you control the amount of food you consume, you’ll manage to slow down the accumulation of fat. The tips are pretty simple but somehow hard to follow:
- Give preference to simple food; the fewer ingredients the dish contains, the better it is for your health.
- “Enough is enough” – don’t add extras because your eyes want that last piece of cake. When you feel full, just stop.
- Add more greeneries to your diet plan. They are an irreplaceable source of nutritious elements and vitamins; and you won’t get any empty calories (unlike super tasty donuts, which are pretty useless)
- Learn to prepare just enough for you and/or your family to eat. Overeating is often caused by the need to finish the food so it doesn’t go off.
- Avoid fizzy drinks – too much hidden sugar. Even an innocent zero-calorie drink is a wrong choice. They just make you want to eat more.
There are plenty of exercises to get rid of saddlebags. Cardio activities like swimming, running, jumping, and cycling perfectly suit saddle bag workouts. They target the fat loss overall and help you get your thighs into good form.
These exercises are a great way to improve your fitness level, but it takes consistency, persistence, and time to make them your routine.
10 Of The Best Workouts For Saddlebags
It’s worth reminding that you need to check with your doctor before you start any type of physical activity and decide on the way to lose fat.
The majority of exercises target fat loss for the whole body. However, we can recommend some specific ones to focus on your lower body part and saddlebags fat.
The P.E. lesson champion, the foundation of many workout programs, and an efficient exercise for saddlebags. It will make you lose fat and tone up your thighs and glutes when done correctly.
- The starting position is to stand up straight with your feet shoulder distance apart.
- Keep your back straight and bend the knees to lower your bum outwards (stick it out!) and downwards until your thighs parallel the ground.
- As you push back up, focus on squeezing your butt muscles together, standing up tall to finish one repetition.
Begin with 10 repetitions in one set and gradually build to 3 x 10 reps with a pause for a minute between each set.
To add some fun, do one set (10 repetitions) every time you wait for your kettle to boil water or cook something. This way, you’ll definitely change the appearance of saddlebags sooner.
See also – One punch man workout which contains 100 squats, 100 push-ups and 100 Sit-Ups.
Bent-Knee Reverse Hip Raises
- Lie flat on the floor (Roman chair, bench) with your arms at your sides.
- Bend your knees at approximately a 75-degree angle. Lift your feet 2 inches off the floor.
- Use your lower abs muscles to bring your knees towards you, keeping your legs bent. Continue moving your legs up until your hips are raised off the floor. When you are finished, your knees will be positioned over your chest.
- Once you reach the top of the movement, squeeze your abs for a second. Return to the starting position as you slowly breathe in.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
When doing this exercise correctly, you’ll feel how thigh muscles tense and tone up, and overall body fat will lower its numbers.
- Start standing with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Get into a squat position (abovementioned paragraph) and stay low as you walk forward.
- After several steps, walk backward to the starting position. Go on!
- Keep your back straight by staring at one spot on the wall.
Despite its funny name, this exercise is important to have lean muscles, train your outer and inner thighs and get rid of saddlebags fat.
- Lying on the floor/mat on your side, keep the heels together and the hips stable.
- Make sure your heels, hips, and shoulders form a straight line.
- Lift the top leg 3 – 4 inches, ensuring that the hips are not rotating (it will just lessen the engagement of the muscles). If your hips rotate or move, try loosening the range of motion.
- Movement should be slow and controlled.
- You can tie a resistance band around your legs, just above the knees, to double your efforts.
We advise you to read the article “How to get rid of stomach lines?”.
Lower Leg Lifts
It can be pretty challenging, but its effect on weight loss makes it worth the effort.
- Lie on the floor with your arms at your sides and your legs straight out in front of you.
- Make sure to keep your low back on the ground.
- With your legs straight and together, lift them up to 45 degrees. Keep this position for 2-5 seconds.
- Slowly lower your legs toward the mat without arching your back.
- Start by doing 5 lifts per set with 30 seconds of rest. Repeat the set at least 3 times.
Another beneficial and effective workout to lose extra body fat and a good exercise for saddlebags thighs.
- Stand on your hands and knees, with your wrists under your shoulders and your knees parallel to your hips.
- It’s essential to tighten your abdominals and flatten your back.
- Lift your left knee off the floor and out to the side, so it levels with your level hip.
- Return to the starting position.
Repeat 10-20 times, then switch sides. You may not be able to lift your knee to hip level at the beginning, but it’s okay for beginners. Flexibility requires time and practice.
Single Leg Hip Raise
One more great and intense workout for your abs areas and thighs will speed up the weight loss process.
- Lie on your back with your left knee bent and your left foot flat on the floor.
- Raise your right leg, so it’s in line with your left thigh.
- Push your hips up, keeping your right leg elevated.
- Pause and slowly return to the starting position.
- Switch legs and repeat.
An excellent exercise to work the hamstrings, butt, inner and outer thighs, lower back abdomen.
- Lay on the mat with your belly and pelvis down.
- Place your hands’ palms down under your forehead.
- Lift both legs a few inches off the floor without sagging the lower back.
- “Beat” your heels together while lifted in the air.
- Get back to the starting position.
If your lower back hurts, then the lower abdomen doesn’t do its job. Try to move slower with one leg taking turns to get control over the movement, and then move to faster beats and/or with both legs.
Prone Hip Extensions
- Using an exercise bench (or just several chair places in a row), lie facedown so that your legs hang off the end of the bench.
- Keep your neck aligned with your back and spine, and brace your core muscles. Hold onto the bench.
- Squeeze your glutes and lift your legs up simultaneously, allowing them to separate to slightly wider than your hips.
- Lift as high as possible to get a muscular contraction in your butt and hold at the top for two seconds
- Return your feet to the floor briefly. That’s one rep.
- Do a total of 20 reps. Take a 30 seconds to break, then repeat two more times.
Rainbow Leg Lifts
Pretty similar exercise to fire hydrant, relating to fat loss exercises.
- Get down on the floor with your hands and knees.
- Raise one leg up and out to the side of your body so that your toe/feet touch the floor.
- Then, you raise your leg up as high as possible and imagine that you are drawing a rainbow.
- Complete the reps until you have reached your goal and switch legs.
- You can do this exercise with or without a resistance band, but they will surely benefit the overall result.
How To Get Rid Of Love Handles And Saddlebags
You probably know that misfortunes never come singly. The love handles typically accompany saddlebag fat. So let’s see how to fight these two types of excess fat.
It’s great anaerobic exercise, must be used in every workout because it engages the whole body to train.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Squat down and put your hands on the ground.
- Kick your feet back to assume a push-up position.
- Lower yourself into a push-up until your chest touches the ground.
- Hop your feet toward your hands.
- Stand up and jump up into the air, bringing your arms overhead—or clap them together overhead. Land softly and repeat.
One of the worst and most common mistakes when doing a burpee is allowing your back to sag toward the ground. It puts stress on the spine and can lead to back pain.
A full-body exercise that should be in every cardio circuit.
- Drop into a top press-up position, supporting your weight on your hands and toes, with your arms straight and your legs extended.
- Brace your core muscles; hips and feet must form a straight line.
- Bring one knee towards your chest, then return it to the starting position.
- Repeat the movement with your other leg, then continue alternating legs.
You can start doing mountain climbers slowly to get used to it and proceed to a faster performance once learned.
Lose weight while performing a childhood fun “swing this bag higher”:
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart with a kettlebell about a foot in front of you on the ground. Bend at the waist and take the kettlebell handle with both hands. Your palms should be facing your body.
- Pull your shoulders down and back and brace your core before starting the exercise.
- Lift the kettlebell off the ground and allow it to swing between your legs. Your knees should bend slightly during this movement. Keep your back flat and your neck straight.
- Drive your hips forward to propel the kettlebell into the air. Control the kettlebell with your arms, but don’t pull it up. The kettlebell should travel no higher than your shoulders.
- Allow the kettlebell to swing down and back through your legs.
- On your final rep, allow it to swing back through your legs, and then place it a foot in front of you on the ground.
How To Lose Saddlebags Without Exercising
Some people prefer more accessible ways to do away with saddlebags. Alternatives always exist but keep in mind that the results aren’t long-lasting. Once you get back to your typical menu and lifestyle, it will make saddlebags bigger. Whether you like it or not, it will still require a diet and exercise to maintain good form.
- WarmSculpting is a non-invasive body laser contouring treatment. It destroys fat cells by heating them up and breaking them down. It may help you lose up to 11-percent of your saddlebag fat in just 2 procedures.
- Liposuction is an invasive type of procedure. It can help to get rid of up to 11 pounds of excess fat from your body. Recovery time could take up to a month.
- CoolSculpting is another non-invasive procedure that uses freezing temperatures to kill your fat cells. The process takes about 30 minutes and can help eliminate up to 30 percent of fat in the chosen area.
The Bottom Line
That was surely a long article to follow, but it covered a lot of practical information to help lose weight. It doesn’t mean that you must do all the exercises above every single day. Make a schedule, try all the approaches, and see how it goes. It’s just a guide, and you choose what to do. Start with small steps, with minor changes, and when your body gets used to them, gradually move forward. You’ll notice how these cardio exercises tone your muscles, smaller your thighs, and improve your health. When you ask how to get rid of saddlebags fat, you need to understand that it’s not a “lose weight contest.” Feel free to choose your own pace and do what is suitable for your fat loss.
🍑What are saddlebags fat❓
🍑What causes saddlebags on thighs❓
🍑How long does saddlebags take to lose❓
🍑What is the best exercise for saddlebags❓
- squad side punch
- side plan high abduction
- you should open the gate
- fire hydrant
- quick legs
- circle in the sky.